Want to start developing web applications with Oracle Application Express? Make sure you don’t reinvent the wheel and adopt best practices from industry experts right from the start.
Here are some tips for beginners:
1. If you don’t already have APEX installed, don’t install it yourself, but get a free workspace within minutes on apex.oracle.com. This fully managed environment can even be used for tiny non-critical productive apps.
3. Install and explore all prebuilt Apps from the App Gallery in the APEX builder
4. Watch some great videos about APEX on YouTube:
7. Hear some podcasts to get acquainted with some APEX experts:
9. Meet APEX developers personally at regional conferences:
ODTUG Kscope (USA/Canada)
DOAG APEX Connect (Germany)
NLOUG APEX World (Benelux)
APEX AlpeAdria (Slovenia/Croatia/Austria)
DOAG Conference (Germany)
10. Stay in touch with APEX developers personally between the conferences:
APEX Meetup Groups
11. Gain/share more best practices:
If you are starting with APEX, but don’t have any clue about what a database is, I suggest you have a look here: http://allthingsoracle.com/oracle-for-absolute-beginners-part-1-databases
Please write your comments if you need any clarifications on Oracle Apex.
Thanks to Niels de Bruijn