Note: When running 11g your image path might be set to "images" instead of "i". Below is sample script for installing apex321 from c:\apex321\apex
1. CREATE SMALLFILE TABLESPACE "APEX" DATAFILE ‘C:\ORACLE11G\ORADATA\LOCALDB\apex01.dbf’ SIZE 500M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10M MAXSIZE UNLIMITED LOGGING EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO;
2. CREATE SMALLFILE TABLESPACE "APEX_FILES" DATAFILE ‘C:\ORACLE11G\ORADATA\LOCALDB\apex_files01.dbf’ SIZE 100M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10M MAXSIZE UNLIMITED LOGGING EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO;
3. @apexins APEX APEX_FILES TEMP /images/ — will take some time
4. @apxchpwd — to change admin password
5. @apex_epg_config c:\apex321 — will take some time
6. ALTER USER ANONYMOUS ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
7. @apxldimg.sql c:\apex321 — to update new images into database, will take some time
8. SELECT DBMS_XDB.GETHTTPPORT FROM DUAL; — to know the port
9. EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETHTTPPORT(8080); — below commit is required
Below describes theme installation for an APEX environment with an embedded PL/SQL Gateway. This is the usual set up when running APEX on either an Oracle 11g or Oracle XE database.
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP file(s) to any directory. This will create an SQL file and a style directory containing images and CSS files.
- In Internet Explorer select File – Open. Enter the location of your images directory, e.g. http://127.0.0.1:8080/images/ — check Open as Web Folder and click Open.
- When prompted enter the username and password of the system user.
- Copy the style directory previously unzipped into your themes directory in Internet Explorer.
- To verify that you have successfully completed the above steps go to the following URL:
- Now log into Oracle APEX.
- Navigate to the Shared Components of your application.
- Select Themes and then Import Theme from the task list.
- Locate the SQL file previously unzipped and click Next, Next and Install Theme.
- To activate your new theme click Switch Theme. Select your theme from the dropdown selection, if not already selected, and click Next, Next and Switch Theme.
- Two substitution strings are used by all of our themes. In Shared Components select Definition then Substitutions. Create the following substitution strings:
Required – This should be set to the path of the style directory for your theme.
Optional – This can be set to the copyright message that will display on all pages in your application, usually in the footer.
Thanks to www.apex-themes.com for the guidance and support on apex