With the help of Mr.CMani, I have joined Freight Systems LLC in Dubai (1997), first we have started developing Warehouse module and implemented in FSL Warehouse-Jebel Ali. Balaji and Cyrus has helped me a lot on this development and successful implementation. This system has reduced the man-power and manual work on storage calculations, put-away sheet etc. In 1998, we have started developing Air Freight Module for FSL Airport Office – Cargo Village. Saravanan, Ferdy, Joshep and others has helped me a lot to design the job card, job ledger, powerful enquriy screen (using oracle forms with oracle view of master-detail table). My friend Punitharaj (studied in Khadir Mohideen College) has joined Freight Systems as developer.
After successful implementation of air freight module then we have started developing the customer service module with the help of Anju, Sudha, Gerhard (camelworldwide) and others. Customer Service team is very happy about using the triggers and declared sell rate option with declared cost (which is specific to import nomination to hide the actual sell rate and actual cost from the overseas agent – normal in this business because of 50-50% profit share business modal).
In 1998 last few months, we have started developing sea freight module – mainly for LCL Import business – aligned with existing customer service nomination module.
In 1999, my friend, siva (marakadai) has joined and started developing the accounts module along with export module. Mr.Cmani took me to Mumbai for implementation, we have spent five months to implement the software, very tough time, because of Mr.David support, finally we implemented the software in Freight Systems Mumbai. Two offices in seperate building with very poor network connectivity. Mukherjee and Guna has joined in FSL-Mumbai to take care of the FSL-India IT Team, they have started adding the resources based on FSL-India requirements.
Module : Ocean Freight
This module contains both Import and Export documentation process, clipping the documents, tracking the container, monitoring the shipment status etc.
- Cargo Arrival Notice, Cargo Manifest and Freight Manifest
- Weekly Automatic Sailing Schedule mail and Flyers to customers
- Container loading confirmation, Proof of delivery, Pre-alert and other status update automatic mails to customers/agents
- Managing Import, Export, Transshipment, Sea/Air for LCL and FCL shipments
- Attaching proof documents into shipment, container and console level
- Automatic transfer of import revenue/cost to export and master to shipment
- Country specific port and customs EDI
- Management Reports
Module: Air Freight
This module contains Airway bill inventory, flight booking and pre-alert. We can handle import, export and customs clearance on this module.
- Airway bill stock maintenance
- Uplift confirmation thru auto mail and SMS
- Air Charter handling
- IATA Rate and CASS EDI
- Printing MAWB/HAWB, Pre-Alert, Profit Shares and arrival notice
Module: Customer Service
Using this module, customer service personal can create quotation, booking, b/l draft, statement of charges and MIS for bookings.
- Quotation option to handle both air, ocean and land shipment
- Booking confirmation, Nomination, follow-up auto mails to customers and agents
- Follow-up reminder using booking monitor
- Customer specific reports based on their requirement – auto mails
Module: Sales and Marketing
Sales personal can update their call details on the system using their internet connection wherever they go. Weekly call plan report will be generated based on their schedule with clients.
- Call recording and tracking, weekly sales plan
- Building customer profile based on the call visit
- Promotion/Flyers from the system based on focused customers
Ocean, Air and Land modules are linked into accounts; this is the central system, which produces MIS report for the management. Based on management decision, we can enforce the credit control, not to book cost without revenue etc.
- Accounts Receivable and Payable with multi-currency option
- Credit control with auto remainder option
- End to end profitability for all shipments routed within the same group company
- EDI option to upload suppliers vouchers to the system
- Provisional cost to measure the profit on time
- User defined exception to monitor the progress of location, customer, sales etc
- Job profit report based on carrier, country, customer, agent and product wise
Module: Warehouse Management
3rd Party Warehouse system contains the complete inventory of the customer. Stock reservation can be done on web and stock availability and transaction can be viewed on the web.
- Online stock availability for the customers to view on web
- Online stock reservation for the customer to block the stock for their client
- Automated put-away and pick-up sheet
- ABC analysis of stocks and location reservation for customer in the warehouse
- Pallet, block stock and quarantine inventory management
- Third party billing based on the customer requirement
Module: Web Tracking
Platform: Oracle Database, ASP.Net and IIS
Using this module, customer can track their shipment, know the outstanding, getting the copies of document etc. Partners can able to generate trade land wise report, container movement report etc on the web. This is working as in-side the eFreightSuite, so that we can enforce the security in shipment/code level.
- Customized login option for customer – to view their own shipment details
- Commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of origin and other documents on web
- Statement of outstanding with viewing option on invoices
- My-Report to define their own reports and schedules